WEURO 2022 Photography Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications, social media and online services that are organised by Destination Milton Keynes
- By entering the competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any publications, on social media, online services, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information
- Destination Milton Keynes may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be reflected in these terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all
- Winners are chosen at the discretion of Destination Milton Keynes & Milton Keynes Msueum
- There is no minimum age limit unless specified. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering
- Destination Milton Keynes employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize
- Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be submitted, Destination Milton Keynes may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided
- Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and Destination Milton Keynes’ or Milton Keynes Museum’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party
- Multiple entries may be entered.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method indicated in the competition information on the Destination Milton Keynes website
- Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries) will not be accepted.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by Destination Milton Keynes will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the competition, the decision of Destination Milton Keynes shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Destination Milton Keynes will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition
- Competition closes midnight on 15th August 2022
- Three overall winners will be chosen by Destination Milton Keynes and Milton Keynes Museum from all entries submitted
- Winners will be contacted via email once they are chosen. If any winner does not respond within a given time frame, no alternative winner will be chosen.
- Winners will each receive two annual passes to Milton Keynes Museum – valid for 12 months from date of issue
- There is no cash alternative prize
Data Protection and Publicity
- Photographer’s may not submit close-up or clearly discernible images of anyone aged under-16 unless they have permission from a parent or guardian.
- Destination Milton Keynes (or any third party nominated by Destination Milton Keynes including Milton Keynes Museum and Milton Keynes Council) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s name, and image and their comments relating to the competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid
- Information which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Destination Milton Keynes and their agents in order to administer the competition
- Destination Milton Keynes shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law
- Destination Milton Keynes cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize
- Destination Milton Keynes is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition
- Destination Milton Keynes cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Destination Milton Keynes. Destination Milton Keynes will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Destination Milton Keynes shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Destination Milton Keynes including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein
- The promoter of the competition is Destination Milton Keynes
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 30 June 2022