VisitBritain & VisitEngland tourism industry support
The VisitEngland Business Support Hub has a wide range of advice for businesses within the tourism industry. This includes; training, funding, legal, staffing, health & safety, accessibility and more.
The team at VisitEngland has also launched a specific support section for COVID-19 with useful links to national advice and information.
To access the FREE support hub – go to:
WE’RE GOOD TO GO – INDUSTRY STANDARD
VisitEngland in partnership with the national tourist organisations of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales has launched a UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for tourism as the sector works towards reopening in 2021.
The ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard and supporting mark means businesses can demonstrate that they are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and checked that they have the required processes in place.
The scheme is free to join and open to all businesses across the industry.
More info: https://goodtogo.visitbritain.com/
BUSINESS RECOVERY WEBINARS
VisitBritain have announced the launch of their new webinar programme to support you during COVID-19 recovery. Launching on Tuesday 30 June, the first session will be a “Spotlight on inbound and domestic research and insights” – taking a look at their latest trackers and consumer sentiment surveys.
Drawing on not only their data-led insights from across the global network, but also from across the travel industry, this webinar programme offers practical information and advice for your business. Booking links will be available soon.
See full list of webinars here: https://www.visitbritain.org/visitbritainvisitengland-business-recovery-webinar-programme
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION INSURANCE – TEST CASE
UPDATED 18 JANUARY – The Supreme Court has substantially allowed the FCA’s appeal on behalf of business interruption insurance policyholders. The legal process for impacted policies is now complete and means that covered policyholders will now have their claims for coronavirus-related business interruption losses paid. The judgment is legally binding on the eight insurers that agreed to be parties to the test case.
FIND OUT MORE – CLICK HERE
ESCAPE THE EVERYDAY AT HOME – NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN
So that we can best support the tourism industry at this difficult time, VisitBritain have been consulting industry partners including DMOs and SMEs to inform and shape the domestic marketing approach over the coming weeks in this latest lockdown.
Sitting under the campaign umbrella, Escape the Everyday at Home, it will bring owned and earned channel content together across three key themes:
- Seasonal Fun – England tourism businesses offering virtual experiences or planning events post-lockdown
- Local Flavour – England food and drink producers offering local takeaway, “at home” food and drink experiences
- Learn More – England tourism businesses offering opportunities to learn new skills at home (e.g. local distillery offering gin making kits)
To find out more and to get involved – CLICK HERE
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Download the FREE VisitEngland industry toolkit and assets to be part of their national ‘Know Before You Go’ campaign to empower consumers to inform themselves before booking a trip.
What do I get?
- The chance to be part of VisitEngland’s national domestic campaign
- Assets to download to be able to use on your channels
- Tips and advice of how to apply the campaign to your marketing activity
SHARING MK CONTENT ON A NATIONAL LEVEL
Destination Milton Keynes is in regular contact with VisitBritain and we are keen to share relevant content with them for their own marketing channels, such as:
- Stories of people/tourism businesses that are adapting and/or innovating in readiness for re-opening
- Day trip content ideas an hour or less from a major city, town or location (e.g. walks, trails, stately, homes, gardens, Instagrammable villages, lesser known locations etc.)
- News and major up-coming events (where applicable, including virtual)
Please contact email@example.com initially with any content you think maybe applicable.