Just a short drive from Milton Keynes, Salcey Forest is an Oasis of nature and history. This magnificent woodland has many miles of ancient wood banks, building remains and ancient trees. The 'druids', or veteran oaks, are rare and amazing wildlife habitats, and some of the old oaks are over 600 years old. See what you can spot on your visit to the medieval royal hunting forest.
There are endless walking trails, a family cycling trail, adventure play area and even an onsite café selling tasty homemade meals and cakes in a warm, friendly environment. Children will love our brand new for 2022 Superworm activity trail.
Northamptonshire NN7 2HX
Show on map
Plenty of Pay & Display parking available.
FOOD & DRINK:
Grounds Café is located on site serving a variety of delicious food and drinks. There’s a dog-friendly area within the cafe, so four-legged friends are welcome.
- Play areas to burn off that excess energy
- Picnic area – bring your own woodland feast!
- Three walking trails – explore the natural beauty of these historic woodlands
- Horse riding trail – complete a circuit of Salcey Forest on your horse
- 3k, 5k and 10k running trails – ditch the gym and keep trim in the forest
- Superworm Orienteering – a fun navigational challenge in the deep, dark wood!