New look proposed for Mortimer Square at The Hub
Exciting plans have been announced for the refurbishment of Mortimer Square at The Hub.
The square was built over 15 years ago and is an important public space in Central Milton Keynes but it is now in need of refurbishment to create a more usable and attractive public space.
The proposals include:
- Create a more coordinated restaurant terrace outdoor environment including glazed retractable panels
- A new fountain and central space able to be enjoyed all year round
- New lighting scheme to give a stronger sense of arrival and departure
- More seating opportunities
- Introduction of more vegetation and landscaping to soften the area
- Shelter creation to mitigate the impact of the wind
The proposals will now go into the planning stage, with a view to a phased construction starting in early 2022.
If you have any comments on the proposals, you can email [email protected] before 23 December 2021.
More information can be found at The Hub website.