At a glitzy and glamourous awards evening last week, 200 retail staff dressed to impress at the 2nd intu Milton Keynes Retailer Awards, held at Jury’s Inn.
Hosted by funny man, James Redmond and supported by comedian Mark Dolan, the awards offered a chance to celebrate the best of the best in retail, as voted for the by the public.
With 10 awards voted for by the public, which received over 1,000 votes, the winners were announced:
1. World class customer service - The Zip Yard
2. Womenswear retailer of the year - New Look
3. Menswear retailer of the year - Topman
4. Footwear retailer of the year - Schuh
5. Jewellery and accessories retailer of the year - Debenhams
6. Health and beauty retailer of the year - Lush
7. Food and drink retailer of the year - Five Guys
8. Specialist retailer of the year - Apple
9. Best Newcomer - Tesla
10. Retailer of the year - Debenhams
The centre management selected their best in the business, including
1. Manager of the year - Steph Howe, Karen Millen
2. Retail superhero of the year - Rachel Rogers, STA Travel
3. Retail superhero of the year - Chloe Wrigley, LEGO
4. Customer service hero - Samantha Booth, Whitewall Galleries
5. Community award - Lush
6. Pride of intu Milton Keynes - Lego
7. Fundraising Star - Lush
General Manager at intu Milton Keynes, Shelley Peppard said: “This was a wonderful evening and a chance to celebrate the hard work put in by our retailers. Well done to everyone and thank you for helping to make intu Milton Keynes great.”
On the night, there was a special mention of The Bus Shelter MK, intu Milton Keynes’ charity of the year, and speech from the founder Thomas Davis. On the night, the awards raised £1,500 for the charity.